Items covered during the meeting:
- Meeting was called to order at 1:00 p.m.
- Everyone in the room introduced him/herself for the record.
- Minutes for April meeting were approved.
- Human Rights Advocates Report:
- Chuck Collins
- New HR Regulations are coming, possible rollout in a year.
- Not ready to close training center. Possible delay of one year.
- Mark Seymour
- Spoke on TDO’s & ECO’s and complaints from psych. ward at the hospital regarding ID consumers not being a good match.
- Pyschiatric bed registry seems to be working well.
- Med Sled – gets folks downstairs in and emergency for 2 story facilities.
- Comments from Affiliates- Cali Gaston informed of free acupuncture clinic for all 5:30 every Tuesday at Door #3 at free clinic.
- Annual Reports from Affiliated Providers - Annual Reports from Envision Solutions, Virginia Institute of Autism and Little Keswick School were given.
- Quarterly Reports – The following reports were not received, Blue Ridge First Step, ARS Pantops Clinic, Reach, and Family Preservation.
- Region Ten – Requested approval for 14 protective restraint renewals that were approved for 1 year.
- Region Ten – Requested restriction on Electronic cigarettes at the Wellness Recovery Center, which was approved for a trial basis for 3 months. Must report back to committee at the next meeting regarding how this is going.
- New Y-CAPP – Notification to add four new TDT locations was approved. (West Central Primary, Central Elementary, Central Elementary and Burnley-Moran)
- Wall Residences – Requested approval for 3 protective restraints which were approved and notification was given regarding new sponsored residential location (Salmons Residence). Also, notified committee of a change in address for the Gordon service.
- Lutheran Family Services – Requested approval of 8 protective restraints, which were approved and notification was given for a new sponsored site (Hidden Creek Lane) was given.
- Creative Family Solutions – Notified committee that they have had a change in ownership and are now called Community Alternatives.
The LHRC Meeting was adjourned.
The next meeting will be held on Thursday, October 23, 2014
We would like to thank everyone that attended this meeting and those who presented during the meeting. Please remember that everyone is invited to attend each LHRC Meeting held.