This program offers part-time employment opportunities for a limited number of individuals. Region Ten staff match individuals to job availability and provide transportation to jobsite, supervise the accomplishment of job tasks, and interact with employers as needed to ensure smooth employment.
You can find answers to our most frequently asked questions about this service here. If you’ve got a question we haven’t covered, please don’t hesitate to get in touch.
Referrals are made through DD Case managers. Case managers assist with referral and coordination of DARS or Medicaid Waiver eligibility.
The program is based on person-centered values; individuals choose personal goals and activities and have opportunities to suggest new areas of interest for classes and activities. Community activities are provided weekly.
- Clients are unwilling to participate in implementation of ISP.
- If there is a documented reason that placement of a client in the program at a given time would not be in the best interest of the applicant and/or the current participants of that program due to the client’s needs and wants exceeding the programs available resources, services would not be offered.
- Violent or threatening behaviors that pose a threat to the safety and welfare of clients and staff.
- Disruptive behaviors that interfere with the service delivery to other clients.
- Limited openings for individuals who are non-ambulatory due to safety and staffing ratios.
- Personal care, medical or behavior support needs exceed staff resources to safely and adequately support individual.
Region Ten buildings and grounds are smoke free. We offer Auricular acupuncture and smoking cessation groups, which have been proven to help reduce cravings.