Intensive Community Treatment
Intensive Community Treatment is an Evidence-Based Practice model of service delivery that provides comprehensive community-based psychiatric treatment, vocational rehabilitation, peer support services, and an array of clinical interventions to individuals experiencing severe and persistent mental illness.
ICT is the Mental Health Services Division’s comprehensive, interdisciplinary core service team providing intensive community treatment to assist individuals in stabilizing psychiatrically and remaining stable in the community, therefore decreasing the likelihood of recurrent hospitalizations or incarceration. The team directly provides the majority of needed mental health services including:
- Clinical treatment of symptoms and impairments including medication management
- Rehabilitation to assist individuals to build on their strengths and improve their abilities to cope with the impact of the illness on daily functioning
- Evidence-based practice models of clinical intervention including Cognitive Enhancement Therapy, Motivational Interviewing, Dialectical Behavioral Therapy, WRAP groups, EMDR and AcuDetox
- Practical supports to assist individuals in obtaining and sustaining an enhanced quality of life. Staff provide services with an emphasis on outreach, personal engagement, and individualization. Treatment occurs primarily in the community, outside of facility and clinic settings. Services emphasize long-term care and continuity of care to assist the participant to achieve stabilization of symptoms, improved life functioning, and satisfaction with his/her life.
You can find answers to our most frequently asked questions about this service here. If you’ve got a question we haven’t covered, please don’t hesitate to get in touch.
- Regular community-based contacts with ICT staff, up to 2.5 hours weekly
- Individual therapy, in the community or in office
- Groups daily on a variety of topics
- Optional Acudetox acupuncture treatment
- Case management and community referrals
- Medication management and medical referrals
- Additional support with medication compliance via daily deliveries of medication
- Crisis intervention line monitored by ICT staff
- 24/7 support from skilled staff in a comfortable setting